Pathology and laboratory medicine

pathology, laboratory medicine, clinical pathology laboratories, pathology definition, clinical pathology, pathology laboratory, pathology report, human pathology, lab medicine


What is the correct term to describe inflammation of the soft palate?

Fairfield T. Bain, DVM

posted by admin in Uncategorized and have Comments (2)

2 Responses to “terminology”

  1. admin says:

    My specialty is in Oral and ENT disease and I have never been able to
    describe an inflammatory condition related solely to the soft palate.There
    are specific conditions that tend to localize there for
    example-Necrotizing Sialometaplasia however no term has evolved or come
    into common parlance that would be easily understood.I therefore had to
    use the expression "Stomatitis localized to the soft palate".Hope that is

  2. admin says:

    If it’s exuberant, perhaps it’s palatial inflammation.  If it’s an
    eosinophilic infiltrate, it may be Fiedler on the roof.

    Seriously, Stedman’s lists "palatitis" (from the Latin), and
    "uranisiconitis" (from the Greek).

    Robert R. Pascal, M.D.